Saturday, November 9, 2013

Casa Marin 2006 Cartagena Cabernet Sauvignon (Chile)

It's Saturday night and I have just finished my seminars in Sarnia for the Fusion Festival ... now sitting quietly in my room I am able to open a bottle of something I have been looking forward to all day, put my feet up and watch a little hockey.  But before I get too comfortable I thought I'd let you in on that wine I have been looking forward to all day, a Casa Marin 2006 Cartagena Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile.  What possessed me to bring it along as a room wine, I am not sure, but I am sure glad I did.  The starting aromas are coffee and licorice adding touches of cassis for fruit.  Then comes some white pepper and hints of mint - these appear on the nose and palate.  The finish has a touch of chocolate and spice.  As the wine sits in the glass the fruit starts to come out a little more and now we're at a juicy blackberry, cassis and white pepper stage ... so this is obviously getting better the longer it is open.  So I'm gotta get right to it and enjoy the game along with my (turning into) delicious Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile.


No comments: