Sunday, April 8, 2012

Borsao 2006 Tres Picos Garnacha (Spain)

Over the next week or two I will be pulling out quite a few Spanish wines from a box of wine I have been aging ... seems I put down at least four from that country into one box - usually I find that I have a high number of Ontario, California or Australian wines to get through ... but this box must have been laid down at a time when I was experimenting with Spanish finds, and why not.  Spain has some of the best wine values around.  Like this Tres Picos for instance. I have a notation that I picked it up in the US for 12.99 on the recommendation of my buddy Dave at Champane Wine Cellars - Dave has never steered me wrong on a bottle of hooch yet and again he proved his mettle here.  Now I am sure that I have reviewed this before, when it was much younger, but now that it has some age on it it's still a beauty lots of dark fruit with just the right amount of spice to make it complete - a beauty to sit and sip or a great companion to burgers (which was dinner this evening).


No comments: