Friday, June 15, 2012

Oyster Bay NV Rosé Sparkling Cuvee (New Zealand)

It's been awhile since I have posted here ... that's because I've been on the road in Portugal and everything I drank was posted in another blog (feel free to take a look as I have linked it up here).  Upon my arrival a bottle of New Zealand bubbly awaited me and this is really something special.  A blend of 80% low-yield Chardonnay and 20% hand-picked Pinot Noir which has one of the prettiest colours in a sparkling I have seen in some time - a real elegant salmon hue.  The nose is lime, apple blossom and strawberry pith and the palate has a hint of raspberry, lemon pulp and a delicate sweetness wrapped in a lovely coat of acidity which ends clean a fresh.  If you can find this bottle I suggest buying a few for those special occasions ahead - or just because, cause there is no better reason to drink bubbly than just because.  For those in Ontario this wine will be in Vintages June 23.


No comments: