Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mt. Boucherie 2005 Summit Reserve Merlot (British Columbia)

It's been a few years since I have been in British Columbia, but I still have wines from my trip in my wine cellar, so I decided tonight, with my parents in attendance for dinner, that I would dig deep and find something recognizable (to my mother anyway - she came with on the trip).  This Mt. Boucherie seemed like the perfect thing to pull out.  The nose was slightly spiced and dark fruited, while the palate was not exactly juicy (as one would expect from a Merlot), but it wasn't too wooden either (as one might think a Merlot would take on) ... it was, as Goldilocks would say, "just right": darker fruit, spiced wood character that was very easy to drink, especially when aerated.  I would not say this wine is at it's peak I would say it's just on the other side of it.


No comments: