Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Marc Kreydenweiss 2005 Barbabelle (France)

One of the biggest surprises of the spring (2008) was when I tried this bottle of wine from France. I rarely, if ever, buy a case of wine, but this incredible buy ($12.95) really surprised me. Now, some 6-months later, I'm still enjoying this bio-dynamic beauty (usually another reason my sensors ring - most bio-dynamic wines I have tried have been cringe inducing ... though over the last year I have tasted some pretty amazing bio-wines, along with the cringe-inducers). Leather and spice lead the way on the nose, with a black fruit and lightly cedar taste, there's also a slightly tannic note on the finish. This is one of those wines that's not available at or thru the LCBO, so check out wineonline.com to see if they can get anymore - or put it on your wish-list for next year's release.

No comments: