Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Vina Cobos 2007 Felino Malbec (Argentina)

This wine came out a few weeks ago at the LCBO ... I rushed out and picked up a few for a couple of reasons: I had tried a Paul Hobbs (owner) wine a few days previously and two, I was very impressed. Paul Hobbs is a winery owner in California who saw promise in Argentina (something many established wineries are discovering) - and he was right. Vina Cobos makes quite a few very delicious Malbecs, of which this is the entry level. The nose was so complex and reeled you right in: blackberry, chocolate, spicy-cinnamon, spiced-vanilla, mocha and a slight whiff of pepper. The palate was even more appealing, but instead of giving you the description of the tastes I thought it best to tell you about the feeling I got once the wine entered my mouth: lush, plush and very juicy. This wine is more about a feeling than just the berries and vanilla that seem to dominate the palate - this is a wine to sip, savour and totally enjoy. Now if you'll excuse me I have a glass of wine to finish.

No comments: