Monday, May 18, 2009

Oak Leaf Vineyards NV Cabernet Sauvignon (California)

"I drink alone ... and when I drink alone I prefer to be by myself." Oh, the immortal words of George Thorogood, they ring in my ears every time I open up something for myself. Tonight it was the brother to the Merlot I tried back on March 16 ... the Cabernet Sauvignon. This non-vintage blend out of California, that I have only seen on the shelves of Wal-Mart and for the incredibly "Two-Buck-Chuckish" price of $2.97 ... I guess the price rollback has yet to hit this wine. Now I have to tell you I was expecting very little and got exactly what I expected. The nose was sweet raspberry with some vanilla and plum. The taste followed right alongside the smells, was very smooth and sweet-ish. Not that it had to try too hard to be better than the Merlot, but it was, I found it rather pleasant in a sweet sorta was. Don't expect complex ... instead expect boozy-grape juice with Splenda and you'll get exactly was you expect.

No comments: