Monday, January 21, 2013

Colaneri 2009 "Visione" Syrah (Ontario)

In a Twitter discussion with Colaneri I mentioned that I would be drinking a bottle of their wine tonight ... it's too early to call this a Taste it Again review - seeing as I only reviewed this wine a little over a year ago - but I can give you my impressions of the wine a year later ... heck, it's still very good (I gave it 4.5 stars back in November 2011).  The nose still has a strong aromas of smoked meat, adds dried and smoked cherries to the mix with hints of blackberry.  The palate comes off as sour black cherry and pomegranate to start, then comes the Montreal smoked meat with extra white pepper rub, then there's also a nice spiced-smoked-cherry on the finish.  The wine is holding up nicely and has managed to smooth out a bit, but still enticingly delicious.


No comments: