Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Churchview Estate 2004 Premium Range Cabernet-Merlot (Australia)

Tonight I opened box 14 of my age-and-store wines.  Now, I am a bit behind on my tasting and drinking of these wines, on the box was written, "Open June 2009", good thing the wines inside were meant to have a little age on them ... this one is 6 years from vintage date.  Out of 12 bottles I pulled this Australian Cab-Merlot out as something interesting and worth tasting tonight ... was it the right choice for BBQ chicken?  I guess we're about to find out.  The nose still had some oomph and so did the palate.  Aromas of black raspberry, dark chocolate and spiced vanilla - the palate was even more interesting and intense with vanilla, cassis, white pepper and spiced chocolate.  As for the chicken, it seemed to be a pretty good match.  A good choice and still quite a good wine.



.

No comments: