Saturday, November 6, 2010

Riddled by Jackson Triggs 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon (Ontario / British Columbia)

Tonight I kicked off our soiree with a bottle of 2007 Flat Rock Riddled sparkling - I've reviewed this recently on my podacst so I'll link you over there for my thoughts.  Dinner was rib steaks on the BBQ (yes I still risk life and limb to bbq in the colder weather) and I dug deep into a box of older wines for a bottle of Jackson-Triggs 2004 Proprietors' Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon from their Okanagan Estate in British Columbia.  Not sure what the weather was like out there that year, but they sure made a nice bottle from it, and it has aged very well.  The wine was all dark fruit with a hint of spice while the tannins were silky smooth; this bottle was ready to drink, and gulp it down we did.  What a great find to be found.  My notation on the bottle said "hold for 2 years", I think I held it for 4 and I was right to do so, I think it might even have another couple of years ahead of it left.  If I have another bottle in my collection I might just try that experiment.

No comments: