Monday, February 14, 2011

Hillebrand NV Trius Brut (Ontario)

I'm not going to bore you with the details of Valentine's Day, I am sure you have a story of your own that you would be just as excited to share, but what would be interesting is to find our what your special bottle was on the big day devoted to love.  I opened a bottle of Non-Vintage Trius Brut, a multi-award winning bubbly from Ontario, and deservedly so.  With no date on the bottle I have no idea when I acquired it but I know that it had to be about 2 or 3 years ago.  The wine is still fresh and lively with apple, fresh bread crust, lemon and almond biscotti notes on the nose; palate was crisp, almondy, green apple, lemon and had a nice fresh bread middle flavour that complimented the crust on the nose - oh yum ... it was just lovely as it played across the palate.  Glad that I have a few more of these in the cellar to open on other special occasions.  Feel free to share what special bottle you shared with your someone special.

No comments: