Saturday, February 12, 2011

Two Ontario Whites: Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc (Ontario)

Had a rough day on Saturday.  The car gave me trouble and had to go into the shop.  Groceries were sitting in the back seat when this happened, it was cold enough outside but inside the service garage it was toasty warm, so I had to sweat the fish, meat and chicken sitting in my backseat - luckily I found a ride home in time to get the stuff into the freezer - but not before losing a few pounds in worry.  But enough about my rough day.  Finally got home at 4 and decided it was time for a glass of something ... opened a bottle of Coyote's Run 2008 Black Paw Chardonnay, one of my favourites from that year, too early to do a Taste it Again review on it, but I can tell you it is still drinking beautifully and I enjoyed every sip.  Then a buddy came over for dinner, he whipped up some kind of shrimp and linguine dish (in a cream sauce) and requested a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc to go with it, sadly I could not find any, or maybe I did not look hard enough, but I did come up with an Ontario alternative: Hillebrand 2009 Trius Sauvignon Blanc, if you have not tried this wine you are really missing out, tastes even better now, a year after release, then it did when I first reviewed it in June of 2010 - truly stellar and stunning.  Overall a good end to a miserable day.

No comments: