Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cline 2006 Big Break Zinfandel (California)

This wine is over $40 a bottle back home (Ontario), here in Michigan (where I find myself for two weeks) it costs $22 … I know because I checked it out in up - sadly I bought this one back home and decided to bring it along to enjoy. But enjoy was not in the cards this night, not because the wine was bad, but because it was the second bottle to be opened this night, and while I can sample up to 200 wines in a day (and have), swallowing lots of wine in a short period of time is a different story. Needless to say I did not enjoy this wine as much as I should, but I did appreciate and love the spices and plums on the nose that were accompanied by the spiced cherries. I also loved the pepper, plums, black and candied cherries on the palate. Delicious. The big 15% alcohol is something to watch out for though.

No comments: