Saturday, April 10, 2010

Asti Winery 2007 Cellar No. 8 Zinfandel (California)

After a day of judging I like to come home and relax with a wine that is as far from what I have been tasting as possible.  I spend most of my day judging the Ontario Wine Awards, I came home, went for a head clearing 45 minute walk, then down to the cellar to find something different.  Which is why I came up with this California Zinfandel - there is nothing like this made in Ontario.  The nose is the lure here, while pouring I could pick up the plum and vanilla aromas of this wine wafting through the air; there were also hints of raspberry, some chocolate and nice spice ... what the nose hinted at the palate delivered.  This is a basic Zinfandel loaded with the flavours you expect this red wine to have - good value for the price.


No comments: