Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tulip Winery 2005 Just Cabernet Sauvignon (Israel)

It seems to be Israel week here at my house - maybe it's because I saw The Ten Commandments (with Heston) for the 9 millionth time on the weekend ... I think it's sad that I own the DVD (in three different anniversary editions) and have yet to watch my own copy(ies) and yet can find the time to watch it on TV.  But I digress, back to the wine.  Tonight I opened a bottle of Cabernet from a winery called Tulip.  It was a 5 year old number that still had a decent amount of spiciness and plenty of black fruit; the 14.1 % alcohol was starting to show through on the nose, but the palate kept it well at bay.  As for my watching of the Commandments, truth be known I didn't watch the whole movie, just about 20 minutes.


No comments: