Monday, January 3, 2011

Two Ontario Chardonnays, One Tough Choice (Ontario)

Tonight I did a tasting of about two dozen Ontario white wines, from Pinot Gris to Riesling and everything in between ... I also did some Rosés just to have a little fun.  Many of these wines will find their way into the pages of my newsletter in the coming months; but there were two that I decided to face off with my dinner, I will not divulge the full reviews but I pitted the delicacy of the Malivoire 2008 Moira Vineyard Chardonnay against the over-the-toppedness of the Closson Chase 2008 South Clos Chardonnay - each vying to pair with a spaghetti Bolognese ... each performed well in its own right and both wines are lovely in their own way ... look for the full reviews in my January 13th, 2011 newsletter.

No comments: