Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wakefield 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon (Australia)

My wife has got me on a low-carb diet and during induction to said South Beach diet I am not allowed to partake of any wine (I know I was as shocked to hear this as you) so I had a few glasses before this crazy diet began and I will be doling them out a glass at a time over the next couple of weeks so that I can seem like I am drinking a glass of wine and reporting on it when in actual fact I am not, sigh.  The good news is I am allow a glass (or two) a day after induction ... as you can see I am looking forward to that day and going through a little withdrawal at the same time.  The Saturday before D-Day (that's diet day) I opened a beauty of an Aussie, a Wakefield Cabernet Sauvignon that just screamed Australia in my ear and in my mouth.  It was a fruity thing from nose to palate and was big on raspberry jam ... not delicate, just delicious - I am salivating right now remembering it ... it's the kind of wine I needed to lead me to my first step along my weight loss path ... something memorable and delicious.

No comments: