Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sunnybrook Farms 2009 Bosc Pear (Ontario)

Summertime ... and the living is easy.  With blue skies overhead and most of the days work completed, thoughts turn to liquid refreshment. Something summery and tasty.  Instead of grabbing for something that tasted fruity I wanted something that actually was fruity - a fruit wine made from pears.  I tried this wine back during the Niagara-on-the-Lake Wine and Herb festival in May and found it very appealing.  I also love Bosc Pears, but Bosc's don't always make a good wine - this beauty defies that wisdom.  The nose is pear, no doubt, and the palate is lively with lots and lots of pear aromas.  Better yet, send a little air through the mouth and you get the complete package of Bosc pear, skin and everything, the sensation is amazing - pear in pure liquid form.  This is one of the best Bosc wines I have ever tasted ... what a way to end the afternoon, now I have to think about dinner, but first I think I'll sit and enjoy this for a few more minutes.

No comments: